Meeting House @ 3080
Katerra recently completed the shell and tenant improvement of this adaptive reuse project. This former Mormon Church or “meetinghouse” was constructed in 1957 and was abandoned for several years after barely surviving a fire in the early 2000’s. The project focused on exposing and celebrating the building’s triple wythe brick structure and beautiful wood roof framing, details that were unfortunately masked for the majority of the building’s life. Meetinghouse also features brand new underground electric service, new hvac, new water lines, new sewer lines, new glazing and openings, new site paving and landscaping, and a new standing seam metal roof that allowed us to insulate the exterior of the roof framing and expose its beauty to the interior spaces. By using a material pallet of wood, steel, and glass, design firm Architekton was able to design a space that continues telling the story of this building and write the next chapter in its history.